Kindness Creates Connection
Dec 05, 2019
Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.
~ Eric Hoffer
We hope you are all doing well and are looking forward to a beautiful month of December with friends and family.
Today, we would like to share a brief reminder about kindness. For many, December is a month of celebration, joining, and sharing. It can also be a month of stress, over-scheduling, and financial worry. Sometimes, our stress can get the better of us, and we forget to be kind – yet kindness is the key to enjoying life.
What does kindness look like?
Among other ways, we show kindness when we:
- Greet those we meet with sincerity. We inquire how they are doing and actually wait to hear their response, caring about their answer.
- Create connection through our smile.
- Show courtesy for others by opening the door for them, not pushing our way into the checkout line, waiting our turn, and acknowledging the presence of those around us.
- Thank our hosts and express our appreciation.
- Let our YES be yes, and our NO be no.
- Keep our commitments. Show up when we say we will and don’t put so much on our calendar that we arrive to an event stressed and hurried.
Bring awareness to what we say. Feelings are hurt when someone is careless with their words.
- Respect our guests. When we invite friends and family over, make them feel welcome.
- Honor our own boundaries. We are not being kind when we allow others to mistreat us.
Let this mantra be your guide all through December:
KINDNESS CREATES CONNECTION
Love to all,
Annette and Ada